Up to now, Java 9 has not yet integrated with standard download packages of Eclipse. But in the tutorial, JavaSampleApproach will introduce Java 9 Support (BETA) for Oxygen (4.7) that can help us to start Java 9 with Eclipse right now.
– Java 9
– Eclipse Project Oxygen (4.7)
II. Java 9 Support (BETA) for Oxygen
The Eclipse Java™ 9 Support (BETA) contains the following supported features:
– Add JRE & JDK 9 as installed JRE
– Support for JavaSE-9 execution environment
– Create Java and Plug-in projects that use a JRE or JDK 9
– Compile modules that are part of a Java project
Step to do:
– Install Java 9
– Install Eclipse Project Oxygen with Java 9 Support
– Install Java 9 Support & Launch a Project with Java 9
1. Install Java 9
– Download Java 9 at: JDK™ 9 Early Access Releases
– Double click on Java 9 setup file then follow step-by-step guidelines for installing.
– Finally, we have a jdk-9 folder:
2. Install Eclipse Oxygen
2.1 Download Eclipse Oxygen (4.7)
– Link at: ECLIPSE DOWNLOADS
2.2 Install Marketplace Client(MPC)
– Extract eclipse-SDK-4.7M5-win32-x86_64.zip file, then enter to eclipse folder:
Then launching Oxygen Eclipse by double click on file: eclipse.exe
– Open Help->Install New Software…
Add MPC repository with address: MPC Repo
Then install MPC by following step-by-step of Eclipse’s guideline. Result as below image:
3. Install Java 9 Support & Launch Java Project with Java 9
3.1 Create a Java project with Java 9 syntax
Having syntax error as below image:
Syntax Error -> Why? -> Because of JDK 8.
->Solution: use JDK 9
3.2 Install Java 9 Support (BETA) for Oxygen
– Open MPC, find java 9 support, then press Install.
3.3 Configure JDK 9
On main menu, navigate to Project -> Properties -> Java Build Path -> Libraries, add JDK 9:
Then the syntax error has been removed by JDK 9.
Run & Enjoy result:
Now you can try more with Java 9. Thank you!
By JavaSampleApproach | February 27, 2017.